The Law Library is unable to provide attorney referrals.
This blog entry offers a variety of resources for attorney locator services to meet specific needs.
♦ American Civil Liberties Union of Arizona “To defend the Constitution and keep America safe and free, the ACLU of Arizona needs the support of every Arizonan who cares about protecting our precious civil liberties.”
♦ Arizona Modest Means Project AMMP is a partnership project of numerous stakeholders.
- Provides low-cost legal assistance to people who cannot afford an attorney at standard rates; to find out if you are eligible for the reduced rate call (866)637-5341 ext. 3.
- For those eligible, the program offers an hour meeting with an attorney for $75.
- Further representation can be continued if both the attorney and the client agree.
- Areas of law that this project covers: Family; Family Appeals; Consumer; Consumer Appeals; Landlord-Tenant; Wills & Trusts; Banktruptcy; Foreclosure; Guardianships; Immigration; Criminal Misdemeanors; Employment.
♦ Arizona Senior Citizens Law Project Offers information and legal assistance to seniors in the Maricopa County.
- Phone: (602) 252-6710
- Address: 1818 S. 16th St. Phoenix, AZ 85034
♦ Arizona State Bar provides Find a Lawyer
- Search by name, legal need, location, etc.
- Provides links to the most popular searches on the top right corner of webpage.
- The information at the clinic links below are for either law school students or the general public; it depends on the clinic.
- Browse the pages to determine if the clinic works directly with the public or the clinic works with an outside agency or organization that works with the public.
- The Clinical Program Sandra Day O’Connor College of La
- Civil Justice Clinic > Homeowner Advocacy Unit
- Criminal Practice Clinic
- Ruth V. McGregor Family Protection Clinic
- Healthcare Entrepreneurship Program
- Immigration Law & Policy Clinic
- Indian Legal Clinic Lodestar Mediation Clinic
- Lisa Foundation Patent Law Clinic
- Natural Resources Clinic Post-Conviction Clinic Public Defender Clinic Innovation Advancement Program
♦ Arizona State University Law Library maintains a topical list of legal resources around Phoenix.
♦ Attorney Roster of the Maricopa Co. Superior Court Self Service Center is a resource for people who want or need an attorney’s assistance with their legal situation.
- Attorneys on the Roster provide “unbundled” legal services or “fee for service” billing.
- Every attorney on the Roster maintains their own informational webpage that includes fees for what services they offer.
- When contacting an attorney from the Roster let them know you found their information on the Attorney Roster website.
♦ AzLawHelp.org Website provides information on a variety of legal topics.
♦ Community Legal Services is committed to the elimination of poverty based inequities in the civil justice system.
- CLS provides civil legal assistance around Arizona in specific legal practice areas.
- PHX (602)258-3434 – MESA (480)833-1442 or Toll Free (800)852-9075
- How to Apply for Services
♦ DNA-People’s Legal Services – DNA People’s Legal Services is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit legal aid organization working to protect civil rights, promote tribal sovereignty and alleviate civil legal problems for people who live in poverty in the Southwestern United States.
♦ Family Lawyers Assistance Project – FLAP is a joint effort of the Maricopa County Bar Association and Community Legal Services.
- FLAP provides a 30 minute consultation, on family law issues only.
- Cost: free or $40.00 depending on your financial situation.
- FLAP offers services in Phoenix and Mesa.
- You must make an appointment to be seen by calling 602.506.7948 or by visiting 201 W. Jefferson 6th Floor.
♦ Judge Advocate General at Luke A.F.B. Assistance for Military Service Members.
- The legal office, located in building 1150, provides confidential advice to all service members concerning personal civil matters and military affairs.
- Attorneys are available to provide advice on issues of marriage, divorce, adoption, insurance, personal injury, claims, rentals and leases, indebtedness, wills, and estate planning.
- The legal office also provides powers of attorney.
- Air Force lawyers can not represent members in civilian court, in civilian business matters or fill out civilian legal paperwork; however, attorneys can offer legal advice early and often, preventing problems from escalating.
- Legal assistance is available during specific time periods: walk-in basis only on Thursday from 1600 to 1630.
- For same-day appointments call (623) 856-6937 on Tuesday or Thursday between 0800 to 0830.
- Legal advice is not given on the phone.
- Power of Attorney and Notary service are available.
- Please call (623) 856-6901 or DSN 896-6901 for assistance.
♦ Juvenile Lawyers Assistance Project – JLAP is a collaboration between the Juvenile Court, Volunteer Lawyers Program and ASU Law School.
- JLAP provides a 50 minute consultation with a volunteer attorney and law student who may assist in preparing and checking forms, review legal requirements and explain juvenile court procedures for free.
- For an appointment call 602.506.5903 or 602.506.4886.
♦ Maricopa County Attorney’s Office Adoption Services Brochure
- No charge for adoption services if you meet the Office’s guidelines.
- The brochure at the link will answer questions about adoption services and answers questions about adoption.
- $40 for a 30 minute consulation.
- There is no fee for personal injury car accident or workers’ compensation cases.
- In person or telephonic consultations available.
- Spanish site available.
♦ Martindale.com A reputable resource for locating specific practice area attorneys in the US and internationally.
- Mediation Clinic – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel.: 602.464.7810
- Veteran’s Legal Assistance Clinic – Email: email@example.com
- Tel.: 602.464.7820
- Veteran’s Tax Clinic – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel.: 602.464.7820
- Human Rights and Immigration Clinic – Email: email@example.com
- Tel.: 602.464.7840
♦ Probate Lawyers Assistance Project – PLAP is sponsored by the Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Section of the Maricopa County Bar Association and by the Volunteer Lawyers Program of Community Legal Services.
- PLAP provides a 30 minute consultation with a volunteer attorney on probate issues only.
- Cost: $40.00 or for free depending on your financial situation.
- Consultations are held on Wednesdays and are by appointment only.
- To schedule an appointment call 602.732.2834.
♦ United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Arizona, Self-Help Resources
- Court Website: http://www.azb.uscourts.gov/
- Debtor Help The person filing the case is called the “Debtor”, the link contains helpful information a debtor may need during the bankruptcy process.
- Phoenix Self Help Center is located in downtown Phoenix at the Bankruptcy Court, 230 N. 1st Ave., 6th Fl., Suite 6326
- You may schedule an appointment with a volunteer attorney online at the court website.
The Law Library does not endorse any agency listed here. This list is not intended as an exhaustive list of attorney resources available in the Phoenix area.