Foreign Judgments

If you have received a judgment from a court in another state in the United States and wish to make that judgment effective in Arizona, you may be able to file what is called a “foreign judgment.”  The law regarding foreign judgment in Arizona begins at ARS 12-1701 and is accessible online at  If the party from whom you wish to collect the judgment is located in Arizona or has moved to Arizona from another state, it may be necessary to file the foreign judgment in an Arizona Superior Court in the county in which the party resides to make that judgment collectible in Arizona. You can find a foreign judgment packet with instructions for the Maricopa County Superior Court on the Clerk of the Court’s website at



Leave a comment

Filed under AZ Courts, FAQ's, Maricopa Co. Courts

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s